Valladolid is a Spanish city with a population around 300.000. It is a lively modern and cultural place; with boulevards and shopping centers along with historical buildings, street art, museums, etc.
It is the capital of Castilla y León region. The region is well-known for its rich history, fine medieval castles, romanic and gothic churches, etc. In the 17th century Valladolid was “villa y corte” (the capital of Spain) for a time. It has a vast heritage, some of it related to historical characters such as the Catholic Kings, Philippe II, Columbus, Cervantes, or Quevedo.
Valladolid is also famous as a gastronomic reference in Spain. It offers a wide range of options including traditional or modern cuisine. It is also the origin of many internationally acknowledged wines.
How to arrive in Valladolid
Valladolid is easily accesible from Madrid using the high-speed train (1 hour from Madrid, scheduled almost each hour), or using a flight connection through Barcelona (1:15 hours flight from Barcelona).
A) Arriving at Airport Madrid-Barajas (Adolfo Suarez) Terminal T4:
- Follow the panels and take Cercanias (light train) to “Chamartin” station. The frequency is one Cercanias train each half an hour. Direct train no changes needed. 15 minutes travelling to Chamartin. It costs less than 3 €. Use the machines near the admission to buy a ticket.
- Optionally, take Metro (underground), or Taxi to Chamartin train station.
- In Chamartin take the high-speed train to Valladolid. It costs approximately 23-29 € each way. You can check scheduling and buy tickets at Renfe web page. NOTE: AVE and long-distance train tickets include free Cercanias ticket to/from airport T4 terminal.
- In Valladolid train station take a taxi to any of the city hotels (approx. 4-8 € during the day hours).
B) Arriving at Airport Madrid-Barajas (Adolfo Suarez) Terminal T1-T2-T3:
- Follow panels and take Metro (underground train) to Nuevos Ministerios. Change there to line 10 direction “Hospital Reina Sofia”. Four stops more to Chamartin. Metro trains every 5-15 minutes. Whole trip from airport to Chamartin takes approx. 35-50 minutes. It costs less than 5 € including the airport extra charge. Buy the ticket in the machines near the admission.
- Optionally, you can use the free internal airport bus to reach T4, and take Cercanias train. However, Metro is typically faster to reach Chamartin if you arrive at terminals T1-T2-T3.
- In Chamartin, take a high-speed train to Valladolid (see above).
Taxis from/to Airport Madrid-Barajas (all terminals):
- At any airport terminal, or in Chamartin station, follow the panels to the taxi bay.
- There is a fixed fare rate of 30 € to any destination in Madrid city center (or from the center to the airport). No extra charge for luggage or any other reason is applicable. This fixed price is applicable 24-hours a day.
C) Arriving at Valladolid Airport:
- Follow the panels to the taxi bay. A taxi to any destination on Valladolid city center has a fixed fare of 22 €.
- Alternatively you can check information and scheduling of the bus line to Valladolid bus station (3 € one way, 5 € return ticket).
All the recommended hotels are in walking distance (10 minutes) of the symposium venue. Special rates are applicable for accommodation including buffet breakfast:
Reservation code: HLPP 2017 (Book before June 15th)
- Double room, one person: 65,97 € per day (taxes included)
- Double room, two persons: 81,00 € per day (taxes included)
- Booking: Use the form in its web page
- Double room, one person: 79,16 € per day (taxes included)
- Double room, two persons: 90,16 € per day (taxes included)
- Booking: email@example.com
- Double room, one person: 64,90 € per day (taxes included)
- Double room, two persons: 77,00 € per day (taxes included)
- Booking: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t hesitate to contact the organization for any further question or request.